The mission of the BAAAU is to promote the presence, empowerment, and success of Arcadia University’s Black alumni, students, faculty, staff, and community members through professional, educational, social, and networking programs, as well as through philanthropic support and opportunities.
The BAAAU seeks to serve as an advocacy organization for Black Arcadia alumni by fostering a sense of pride and commitment to the University, while enhancing its prestige and reputation.
The BAAAU serves:
- as a unifier amongst Black Arcadia University alumni and Arcadia University
- to encourage and enhance opportunities for Black alumni to foster personal and professional networks
- to provide support for current Black Arcadia University students through mentorship and networking opportunities
- to acknowledge the legacy, contributions, and accomplishments of Black Arcadia alumni
- to support the University’s efforts to recruit and retain a diverse faculty, staff, and student population
- to guide students as they navigate and overcome obstacles throughout their academic career at Arcadia University and beyond